[OPLINLIST] OHIONET workshop: Web Conferencing and Collaboration Tools ONLINE--still seats available

Evan Struble evans at ohionet.org
Thu Oct 29 11:43:48 EDT 2009

*Forgive the cross-posting…*

[image: cid:image001.gif at 01C9BDC4.9DB515E0]

Greetings!

Time is running out for you or a fellow staff member to register for
OHIONET’s ONLINE workshop: *Going Live: Low-Cost Web Conferencing and
Collaboration Software Solutions**. *Getting your staff together for
training or for meetings, or allowing staff to interface with peers or
students at a distance isn’t exactly easy or cost-free. However, there are
many online solutions to this problem, from web-conferencing to more casual
collaboration tools. We’ll take a look at what libraries need, the
technologies behind the software, and take a hands-on approach with many
software packages now available, including: *Adobe Connect*, *Dimdim*, *Vyew
*, and others. We’ll also look at a more casual approach to online
collaboration via *NOTA*, *Google Docs*, and other web services.

*When:* Wednesday, November 4th, 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.

*Where:* Live, ONLINE (link will be e-mailed to you)

*Cost:* $45 (members); $65 (non-members)

Please see the following link for the full workshop description and to
register online: http://www.ohionet.org/training-calendar/635

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Have a great day!

Sincerely,

Evan

*Evan T. Struble, **MLIS*

*Community Manager*

*OHIONET*

*1500 W. Lane Avenue*

*Columbus, OH 43221*

*614-486-2966 Ext. 37*

*800-686-8975 Ext. 37*

*Fax: 614-486-1527*

*evans at ohionet.org* <evans at ohionet.org>

*Check out OHIONET's training calendar, where new workshops are added all
the time: http://www.ohionet.org/training-calendar***