[OPLINLIST] Dayton Literary Peace Prize Finalists Announced

Gregor, Paul PGregor at gcpl.lib.oh.us
Tue Sep 8 14:14:45 EDT 2009

Please see the following release and information which has been posted on behalf of Helen Pritchard and the Library Committee of the Dayton Literary Peace Prize.
Thank you.

Paul Gregor
Head Librarian
Jamestown Community Branch
Greene County Public Library
937.675.4411 ex. 5301
pgregor at gcpl.lib.oh.us<mailto:pgregor at gcpl.lib.oh.us>

Winners of this year's Dayton Literary Peace Prize for Lifetime Achievement are:
Nicholas Kristof and Shery WuDunn
The 2009 Dayton Literary Peace Prize fiction finalists are:

 *   Say You're One of Them by Uwem Akpan
 *   Peace by Richard Bausch
 *   The Plague of Doves by Louise Erdrich
 *   Beijing Coma by Ma Jian
 *   Telex from Cuba by Rachel Kushner
 *   Song Yet Sung by James McBride
The 2009 nonfiction finalists are:

 *   Human Smoke: The Beginnings of World War II, the End of Civilization by Nicholson Baker
 *   Dust from our Eyes: An Unblinkered Look at Africa by Joan Baxter
 *   Hot, Flat and Crowded by Thomas Friedman
 *   Writing in the Dark by David Grossman
 *   My Father's Paradise: A Son's Search for his Father's Past by Ariel Sabar
 *   A Crime So Monstrous: Face to Face with Modern Day Slavery by Benjamin Skinner
 *   The Great Experiment by Strobe Talbott
For further information on the award, lifetime achievement winners, nominees, and event festivities please see:

http://daytonliterarypeaceprize.org/