[OPLINLIST] Thursday ILL Observation

Susan Pieper susanhillpieper at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 14:12:53 EDT 2009

Hello all and Happy Thursday,
I was recycling a "cargo" brown padded envelope that had been used to
transport an item via cargo, and was pulling off labels of prior libraries.
This particular envelope had twelve labels stuck on top of each other. It
had also been trimmed down and taped instead of the usual two or three
staples.

Got me to thinking -- I wonder how much we -- as a collective group of Ohio
libraries -- have saved on supplies by this habit of reuse and recycle?
Items have been sent to us wrapped in newspaper (past issues of The Book
Page), in plastic grocery bags and used bubble wrap envelopes (as the case
above).

To add a bit of lightness to the day, do you have a story to tell about an
item sent or received via MORE or ILL? Thought I might compile and include
them in the newsletter.
Have a great week!
Now, back to more serious stuff -- like the L-E-V-Y!!
Susan
*****************************
Your Library: A Great Value!
Susan Hill Pieper, Director/Editor