[OPLINLIST] ALA Woman's Day Contest: "Why is your library important to your community?"

Marsha McDevitt-Stredney marshams at library.ohio.gov
Mon Apr 5 09:20:43 EDT 2010

Please excuse multiple postings...

Here is a great opportunity to get patrons involved in advocacy for
libraries...

ALA Woman's Day Contest: "Why is your library important to your
community?"

>From now thru May 9th, women ages 18 and up are asked to send stories to
Woman's Day illustrating their library's contribution to the community.
Up to 4 stories will be included in the March 2011 issue of Woman's Day
or at WomansDay.com.  Go to Woman's Day ALA Contest
<http://www.womansday.com/Content/Family-Lifestyle/ALA-Contest-Info-Rule
s>  for all the contest information and rules.

There is also an article on the Woman's Day website that you might find
interesting:  How the Public Library Can Save You Money
<http://www.womansday.com/Articles/Family-Lifestyle/How-the-Public-Libra
ry-Can-Save-You-Money.html> .

Marsha

Marsha McDevitt-Stredney