[OPLINLIST] Knowing when an email is really from OPLIN

Vincent M. Riley rileyvi at oplin.org
Tue Apr 27 10:56:52 EDT 2010

Lately there have been fishing attempts and infected documents sent out
with the intent to make you think it is coming from OPLIN.  Note, we do
not refer to ourselves as the OPLIN HELP DESK TEAM.  If a message is
coming from one of the 5 OPLIN Staff, we will include our name and
contact information in our signature so you'll know who is contacting you.

The current OPLIN Staff includes:
Stephen Hedges
Laura Solomon
Karl Jendretzky
Bobbi Galvin
Vincent Riley

While you may receive an automated message from our mail server if you
are over quota, or an automated message from our ticket system, you will
*not* be asked to send us your user name and current password back to us
in an email.

If you are in doubt as to the authenticity of an email, you are welcome
to contact us via email at *support at oplin.org* or you can call us toll
free inside Ohio at *888 - 966 - 7546*.

Thank you,

--