[OPLINLIST] Library Director position available

Anne Hackman ahackman at yourppl.org
Tue Apr 27 16:15:26 EDT 2010

The Portsmouth (Ohio) Public Library has an opportunity for an experienced
or an aspiring public library director who can lead the library in long
range planning and passing a referendum. You may be the person we are
seeking if you are or can be an outgoing and creative library director who
excels at building partnerships, articulating and promoting the library's
mission, mentoring and empowering staff, and collaborating with area
community agencies. We require a strong manager who is financially astute.

The Portsmouth Public Library is situated in Scioto County on the Ohio
River serving a population of +75,000 with an operating budget of $2.3
million. The library holds over 200,000 titles and circulated 525,000+
items in 2009. Currently, 43.5 FTE serve the county at the main library,
five branch locations, along with the bookmobile and homebound services.
Our present director has been named the new State Librarian of Ohio.

Minimum Qualifications: MLS from an ALA-accredited library education
program, plus 7 years professional public library experience with
demonstrated management ability in administration, budgeting, planning,
fundraising, and supervision. The successful candidate will preferably have
experience with referenda, along with a strong philosophy of customer
service, the ability to attract and maintain a talented staff, and embrace
the library's values, including innovation, trust, and staff participation.
Ohio Public Librarian Certification preferred. Complete job description
available at:
http://www.yourppl.org/content/library-director

Salary: Starting at $62,000-$65,000, depending on qualifications.

Send cover letter, detailed resume, and three professional references to:
Search Committee, Portsmouth Public Library, 1220 Gallia St., Portsmouth,
OH 45662. May be submitted electronically to search at yourppl.org Review of
applications will begin June 1, 2010. Position will remain open until
filled. EOE

Anne Hackman, PHR
Human Resources Coordinator
Portsmouth Public Library