[OPLINLIST] Ohio Emergency Codes

Susan Pieper susanhillpieper at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 14:04:49 EDT 2010

Greetings:
formulating an emergency response plan/drill for our public library. We are
using the Ohio Emergency Codes which are color-coded per emergency event. My
question: I cannot find the resource from which these Emergency Codes are
developed. I cannot find the government or other agency that develops the
codes -- we have the codes, just need the source. The ones we are planning
to use are used at medical facilities and *include* Code Red (fire), Code
Gray (severe weather), Code Silver (person with weapon), etc.

Does anyone know the source for these codes? Are they recognized nationwide?
Please advise.
Thanks.
Susan
*****************************