[OPLINLIST] Library Discards Needed for Reading Program

Maggie B readingisimportant at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 13:40:55 EDT 2010

Hello,

I was approached yesterday by the In-School Suspension Coordinator of one of
our local middle schools.  Because budgets are so tight, kids spending
extended periods of time in suspension are not able to bring their assigned
novels with them.

The Coordinator is looking for worn and battered library discards that these
students could use while in suspension to keep up with their reading
assignments, and she gave me a list of the 22 titles used as part of the
curricula.   Books on tape or cd versions of the titles would also be
welcome.  If anyone has a copy from this list in their discard pile, and
would be willing to send it via US Cargo, I would be more than happy to
deliver the books to her classroom.  Again, very worn or battered books are
perfectly acceptable for her needs.  Cover missing?  No problem.

Thanks so much for any help you can give.

The titles are:
Among the Hidden
Crispin:  The Cross of Lead
Tuck Everlasting
Stormbreaker
Joey Pigza Swallowed the Key
Mummies, Bones, and Body Parts
Surviving the Applewhites
Pandora of Athens
Freak the Mighty
The Outsiders
Love That Dog
Out of the Dust
Flipped
So B. It
Al Capone Does My Shirts
Danny the Champion of the World
The Giver
Nothing But the Truth
My Brother Sam is Dead
Touching Spirit Bear
The Wave

Regards,
Maggie Bollar
Children's Librarian / Webmaster
New Carlisle Public Library
111 E. Lake Ave.
New Carlisle, OH  45344
http://www.new-carlisle.lib.oh.us
"It takes a long time to become young."  -  Picasso