[OPLINLIST] staff policies re: cell phone usage and texting on the job

Sherie Brown brownsh at massillonlibrary.org
Mon Aug 30 19:55:30 EDT 2010

Hi everyone,
I checked in all the collected library policies posted on WebJunction and didn't see anything applicable...do any of you have a staff policy in place regarding their usage of cell phones (and texting) while on duty?  Let's just say that some recent staff behavior here is making us consider a policy for the first time!

Thanks in advance.  If you have anything to share feel free to send it directly to my address, although I'm sure it will interest the library community at large.

Sherie Brown
Head of Reference Services
brownsh at massillonlibrary.org           Massillon Public Library
208 Lincoln Way E.