[OPLINLIST] Shutting Down Computers B4 Closing

Chad Neeper cneeper at level9networks.com
Fri Feb 19 11:18:57 EST 2010

We've configured an automatic shutdown of the computers about 10 minutes
before closing at several of my clients. Fifteen minutes prior to the
auto-shutdown, a window will pop up stating that the computer will shut
off at such-and-such a time. Every five minutes until the computer shuts
off, the warning message pops up. No staff intervention is required, the
patrons have plenty of warning, and the patrons can't procrastinate.
We've had this system in place for several years and it works very, very
well. Check with your IT people. It shouldn't be difficult to set up and
you should be able to do it without purchasing additional software.

Chad

Chad Neeper
Senior Systems Engineer

Level 9 Networks
740-548-8070 (voice)
866-214-6607 (fax)

--   Full LAN/WAN consulting services   --
-- Specialized in libraries and schools --