[OPLINLIST] Board member attendance

Rachelle Miller rmiller at tmcpl.org
Fri Feb 26 15:24:36 EST 2010

The Board of Trustees is interested in adding a section to the by-laws
requiring trustees to attend a certain number of meetings each year. The
Board meets 11 times during the year. Those that can't make the minimal
attendance would no longer be on the Board. I'd appreciate hearing what
other library boards do so I can give some recommendations. If you do
have an attendance policy for the board, how many meetings a year can
they miss? What are the consequences? And, does your board allow for
absences to be excused? Thanks in advance!

Rachelle Miller, Director

Troy-Miami County Public Library

419 W. Main St.

Troy, Ohio 45373