[OPLINLIST] Minimum age for a library card

Lynn Baird bairdly at oplin.org
Tue Jun 15 15:56:07 EDT 2010

Hello,

We are considering a "minimum age" requirement for obtaining a library card,
and would like to know how other libraries have implemented this.  We're
curious about what age you use as a minimum, why a "minimum age" requirement
is necessary, and how you explain the requirement to patrons that don't
agree.  I would appreciate any feedback you could provide.  Please feel free
to contact me off-list.

Thanks very much!

Lynn

Lynn Baird, Circulation Services Supervisor

Clermont County Public Library

Circulation Services

2548 US Route 50, PO Box 875, Owensville OH  45160

v: 513-735-7155  f: 513-735-7140