[OPLINLIST] Summer Reading Program?

Lynn Greber greberly at oplin.org
Tue Nov 30 14:59:53 EST 2010

Hi there! I can't believe its barely the end of Autumn and we're planning
next year's Summer Reading Program, but here we are. We are wondering how
your library keeps track of all the books read by the kids who participate
in your program. We track the top readers for prize giveaways in 4
different age groups, and we've been using the same method since we began
the program. We're trying to think of a creative way to avoid the usual
glitches we seem to encounter. Occasionaly,the numbers we have on our
computer and the numbers that are on the counting posters don't always
coincide- either through miscalculations or patron, um, enthusiasm. How do
you keep track of yours? Thanks in advance! -Lynn Greber