[OPLINLIST] USB Flash Drives

Anita Carroll carrolan at oplin.org
Fri Sep 3 15:42:02 EDT 2010

Good Afternoon!

I was wondering if any of the libraries were selling flash drives for their
patrons to save documents from the public computers.  Are any libraries
selling writable CD's? Our Friends group used to have floppy disks for sale
which worked for smaller files on our old public computers.  Our new
computers, however, do not have floppy drives.  If you are selling flash
drives at your library, could you let me know the following:

1.	Where you get the flash drives
2.	How many you buy at a time
3.	What memory size (I'm looking at 1GB or even a 128MB version because
they are cheapest)
4.	How much do you charge
5.	Do you get many patrons who purchase them?

If you are selling writable CD's, could you let me know:

1. Do you use one-time writables or re-writables?

If you aren't selling drives, but are dealing with saving documents for
patrons in a different way, I'd love some ideas.

Anita

Anita G. Carroll

Library Director

Franklin-Springboro Public Library