[OPLINLIST] playaways

Dia Thomas dia.thomas at barbertonlibrary.org
Tue Sep 7 17:51:18 EDT 2010

Hello Oplinders,

We are considering adding Playaways to our collection, but first as you all well know research must be done.  I have several questions and concerns that I would appreciate if anyone could provide information on.

Do you(libraries)circulate PAs with the earbuds and batteries?
If you don't, what are you doing with the extras?
Is it standard for the PAs to come with a battery, earbuds and lanyards?
Do you use security cases for your PA's, and if not is your thief rate high?
How long have you had them as part of your collection?
What are your circ. stats for them?
Since their prices are slightly higher than the average BooK on CD are they worth the cost?
What types of repairs if any can be done on them?
On the average how long do they circ before they are damaged/stop working?
Depending on the size of your collection, how are you circing them?  One per card?
Is there any thing else I should know about them that you may think is relevant?

Thanks in advance for any information supplied on this topic.

Dia S. Thomas
Audiovisual Librarian
Barberton Public Library
602 West Park Ave.