[OPLINLIST] Multicultural Holidays/Activities and such...

Barb Scott barbarascott1956 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 10 11:46:47 EDT 2010

Hello, colleagues,

I am working on a NEW project now...dealing with holidays and I am certainly in need of some help!

I am in need of ORIGINAL fingerplay rhymes on the following holidays.  I would also like imput on poems to use, books to read (written within last 10 years if possible), activities, music, and crafts.  Here are the holidays I am working on right now:

Diwali
Hanukkah
Kwanzaa
Rosh Hasanah/Yom Kippur
Ramadan

I am sure that a lot of you out there in larger metro areas do these holidays more than we do here in little old Bucyrus!

If you send me original fingerplays, I would also need contact info to eventually email or fax you and get a permission form to you.

Thanks in advance for all of your help!

Barbara Scott, Children's Librarian
Bucyrus Public Library
200 East Mansfield Street
Bucyrus, OH  44820
419-562-7327 x 104
www.childrensprogramming.blogspot.com
Author of 1,000 Fingerplays and Action Rhymes:  A Sourcebook and DVD
www.neal-schuman.com/far