[OPLINLIST] so long and farewell

Mark Mabelitini mabelima at oplin.org
Fri Sep 24 12:06:33 EDT 2010

Hi everyone,

By now you have probably heard the news that I have resigned as Director
of the Tipp City Public Library effective September 11, 2010.

I am now the Executive Director of Habitat for Humanity of Miami County,
fulfilling a lifelong career goal of doing community development work.

I will miss the library, the patrons, the many friends I have made over
the past 21 years, but I am looking foward to what can only be a most
rewarding job and new career.

Best of luck to all of you. The future is bright for libraries, and those
of you who see and believe that will see that it is true.   Those of you
who still use phrases like "trying times" are going to see that side of
libraries.  Your choice.  If you are one of positive thinkers don't let
those who continue to use those negative terms and assessments of the
profession convince you that all is bad.  It just ain't so, I don't care
who says so.

If you want to keep in touch, email me at mark.mabelitini at yahoo.com

All the best,

Mark