[OPLINLIST] Zimbra Pre-Announcement

Amie McReynolds mcreynam at oplin.org
Tue Apr 12 15:22:36 EDT 2011

OPLIN is announcing the upcoming transition to our new webmail application, Zimbra, in early June. This change will only concern SquirrelMail users (those who login directly to mail.oplin.org), and will not affect access to e-mail from a desktop client, such as Outlook or Thunderbird.

The switch will occur overnight to limit any service interruption -- webmail users will see SquirrelMail one day, and then login to Zimbra the next morning. In addition, users will not lose any of their e-mail, which will be transferred to the new system. For those interested in a preview, a screenshot of the Zimbra interface is attached.

We will share additional details as we get closer to the release date.

---
Amie McReynolds
OPLIN Support Center
Ohio Public Library Information Network