[OPLINLIST] Digitizing Services

Andrew Pochatko pochana at oplin.org
Wed Aug 10 17:57:14 EDT 2011

I saw this posting on the genealib digest forum and it may serve some purpose for those libraries looking for digitization services.

Andy Pochatko, MSLS
Reference Librarian
Harbor-Topky Memorial Library

- - - - - - - - -

Just Announced: Ancestry.com to host focus groups

Ancestry.com sent this for the blog:

?

"Has your organization started (or are you in the planning stages of) a digitization project? Do you have great content you would love to preserve and make more accessible to your patrons or society members? Are you still trying to figure out the next steps ? indexing, hosting, and accessibility? Join our focus group to discuss a content publishing platform with Ancestry.com product managers, other librarians and society leaders. Lunch will be provided. All attendees will receive a copy of Family Tree Maker.

?

Space is limited, reserve your spot today: http://tinyurl.com/3ev2nsg "

?

However, if you are not attending FGS conference and are interested in this project you can still reach out to the Content Publisher Team of Laurel Penny and Mark Weaver at:

http://publish.ancestry.com

Phone: 801.705.7557

Email: contentpublisher at ancestry.com

Laurel Penny and Mark Weaver will be working the Ancestry booth at FGS as well and would be happy to answer any questions about this exciting project for those that will be FGS but cannot join us for lunch.

I look forward to seeing you all at FGS next month.?

Kim S. Harrison

Institutional Product Manager

Ancestry.com

kharrison at ancestry.com