[OPLINLIST] Join the Ohio Library Breast Cancer Awareness Campaign This October

Janet Ingraham Dwyer jdwyer at library.ohio.gov
Wed Aug 24 12:23:44 EDT 2011

Posted on behalf of the Breast Cancer Awareness Campaign...

For several years, we have helped to raise awareness of cancer among the
public through a partnership between the American Cancer Society and the
libraries of Ohio.  Through this partnership, the American Cancer
Society provides kits of materials to libraries to use during Breast
Cancer Awareness Month in October, or Colon Cancer Awareness Month in
March, or BOTH!  This summer, I was delighted to be able to present our
results at the American Library Association Annual Conference in New
Orleans, along with several of our Ohio participants:  Kathy Bach, Traci
Moritz, Linda Dahl, and Kaye Koler.  We hope our idea will spread to
other states as a result of this program.

The American Cancer Society wants to continue to work with the libraries
of Ohio on this campaign and we have agreed to help them get the word
out, then collect the information from libraries and turn it over to the
American Cancer Society for processing and mailing of the materials.
Each kit is personalized by library size and type, so you will only
receive materials that you can use to create a display for your type of
library.

If you would like to participate in the October Breast Cancer Awareness
Campaign this year, please send an email message to
pat at librarydiscountnetwork.com  with the following information:

Contact Name

Full Address for the Library

Type of Library (if not obvious!)

Target Audience (public, your staff, campus, school, etc.)

Number of people you hope to reach during campaign

Special Events where additional materials such as cards or bookmarks
could be used and amount needed

We will compile the information and provide it to the American Cancer
Society regional office in Dublin Ohio so that they have plenty of time
to put the materials together and ship them out to you in time for
October.  Until then, this would be a great time to check your catalog
for appropriate books for your displays and perhaps order a few more.

Thanks for your help in spreading the word!

Anne

Anne K. Abate, Ph.D.

Library Discount Network

anne at librarydiscountnetwork.com