[OPLINLIST] e-reader programs

Cari Dubiel cdubiel at twinsburglibrary.org
Sun Dec 11 09:51:06 EST 2011

Twinsburg has been doing one-on-one appointments with e-reader users throughout 2011.  These peaked right after last year's holiday, and since it's that time again, I revamped all our existing documents and revised our e-media page, which is located here:  http://www.twinsburglibrary.org/node/18

I also offered an "E-Readers for the Holidays" class in which I did a PowerPoint presentation about all the devices, and then had my wonderful systems administrator and lovely staff from Shaker Heights Public Library help me out with showing them off to the public.  I and other staff will be offering two drop-in sessions after the holidays called "Meet Your New E-Reader" so patrons can learn to use their new devices.

The documents included are a holiday guide to e-readers (revised from a document a previous employee put together), my PowerPoint from the holiday presentation, and instructions to download from OverDrive for all the devices.

We also have a staff training plan in place - many of you have already seen/heard about this on the Library Renewal blog or at my webinar this past summer.  I'll talk about it more at some of the chapter conferences this spring.

I appreciate seeing all the other resources that have been shared, too!

Cari Dubiel
Assistant Manager, Adult Public Services
Twinsburg Public Library
10050 Ravenna Rd.
Twinsburg, OH  44087
(330) 425-4268 x121
www.twinsburglibrary.org
http://bethandcari.blogspot.com

If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Twinsburg Public Library.