[OPLINLIST] ODURT is retiring

Stephen Hedges hedgesst at oplin.org
Mon Dec 19 14:39:48 EST 2011

For the last 8 years or so, OPLIN has been tracking usage of the Ohio Web Library databases by individual libraries in the OPLIN Database Usage Reporting Tool (ODURT) at http://oplin.org/odurt. As of the end of this year, however, these usage reports will no longer be updated.

The ODURT tool has always provided pretty simple statistics. Database vendors often provide considerably more usage detail, which OPLIN was not able to load into the ODURT reports. Also, usage of newer and more "interactive" databases, such as Learning Express Library, Job and Career Accelerator, and Mango Languages, do not fit the "searches/downloads" format of ODURT reports. For these reasons, we have transitioned our statistical reporting to the documents provided at http://oplin.org/statistics.

Historical statistics, as well as current statistics by zip code, will continue to be available at oplin.org/odurt, but current statistics by library will only be posted at http://oplin.org/statistics.

One other thing to note regarding statistics: the Biography Reference Bank will soon be incorporated into EBSCOhost, as a result of EBSCO's purchase of H.W. Wilson, so at some point (probably after January) Biography Reference Bank statistics will not be tracked separately, but will become part of the EBSCO statistics. We'll share more information about that change after EBSCO is ready to complete the transition.

Stephen
--
Stephen Hedges, Director
2323 W. Fifth Ave., Suite 130