[OPLINLIST] Job Opening-Ohio

Kathy Stengel KSTENGEL at middletownlibrary.org
Wed Jun 1 15:23:42 EDT 2011

Middletown Public Library, Middletown Ohio

CIRCULATION TEAM LEADER, Full-time

Description:  Our urban main library serves a diverse community and needs a circulation supervisor to coordinate and monitor all aspects of circulation and overdues.  Your leadership and problem solving skills will assist the team to ensure that our customers will have a pleasant and positive experience. Your knowledge and proficiency with our ILS and computers will assist the team in their daily responsibilities.  Your collaboration with our other team leaders will ensure coordination of all library services.

Education Required:  Bachelors degree, MLS encouraged but not required.

Experience Required:  Minimum of 3-5 years progressive public library experience.

Qualifications:   Must have a strong service ethic and excellent customer service skills.  Need a high level of independent judgment to effectively resolve problems including the handling of emergency situations, determining and deciding upon procedures to be implemented, determine staff equipment needs, set priorities, and maintain standards.  Need strong supervisory skills, staff development experience, and leadership skills.  Need to compile clear and concise information and statistics for documents and reports.

Benefits:  Include medical, dental, vacation, personal days, sick time, holidays, professional development, tuition reimbursement, and enrollment in the Ohio Public Employees Retirement System.

Salary:  $37,440 annualized, depending on experience.  This is a non-exempt position.

Hours:  40 hours per week, includes days, evenings, and weekends.

More details: Check the jobs page on our web site at www.middletownlibrary.org for more details.

Application Requirements:  To submit online send a Middletown Public Library employment application (required; found on our web site) and resume to webmaster at middletownlibrary.org.  To submit by mail send to Middletown Public Library, Human Resources Manager, 125 S. Broad Street, Middletown, OH 45044.

Katherine A. Stengel, PHR
Human Resources Manager
Middletown Public Library
125 S. Broad Street
Middletown, OH  45044
513-424-0659 Middletown (Monday,Tuesday & Thursday)
513-777-3131 West Chester (Wednesday & Friday)

kstengel at middletownlibrary.org