[OPLINLIST] Managed Print Services

Michael Penrod penrodmi at oplin.org
Mon Jun 13 12:47:49 EDT 2011

Happy Monday OPLINlist!

I am seeking recommendations from libraries that contract with an outside company for
"managed print services (MPS)."  I am aware of the services of both Xerox and ComDoc.  I
am seeking other companies for quotes for MPS.

Any recommendations, good or bad, would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Michael

P.S.  MPS is a new term to me.  Basically, for a monthly fee, a company will install, manage,
repair, and replace as needed, any copiers, printers, faxes, and scanners inside my library.
This would allow us to expand services to patrons (b&w and color printing/copying with "print
after payment" vending units, self-service faxing and scanning) while also decreasing the
number of machines the library would need to buy and maintain.

Michael Penrod, Acting Director
Wood County District Public Library
251 North Main Street, Bowling Green, OH 43402
419-352-5104 wcdpl.org