[OPLINLIST] Ohio Library Snapshot Day 2011

Stephen Hedges hedgesst at oplin.org
Tue Nov 1 14:37:09 EDT 2011

Please excuse multiple postings…

In Just One Day…
…you can create the story of your library, and how you impact your community.

In Just One Day…
…you can help build the case that will help lawmakers understand the importance of funding & support for Ohio Libraries.

In Just One Day…
…you CAN make a difference.

We're taking a snapshot of a typical day in the life of Ohio’s libraries and we need your help . Please join all types of libraries across Ohio and pick a day between November 13 and 19, 2011, to collect photographs, stories, information, and comments to show what takes place in the library on a typical day.

Libraries will upload photos and video to a Flickr group ( Ohio Library Snapshot Day 2011) and fill out an online form through Survey Monkey. We will be sending you a link to the online form ahead of time so that you can see the kinds of data we will be collecting .

The results will provide valuable data to support what we already know -- libraries consistently provide invaluable services to their communities.

We are going to create statewide advocacy and promotional materials for each type of library and library organization to use in their communities and with lawmakers. Libraries can also use their specific library data for their own advocacy and promotion efforts.

Additional information and resources for Ohio Libraries Snapshot Day is available at: http://library.ohio.gov/snapshotday

--
Stephen Hedges, Director
2323 W. Fifth Ave., Suite 130