[OPLINLIST] Call for Presenters: Adult SRP Workshop

Janet Ingraham Dwyer jdwyer at library.ohio.gov
Fri Nov 4 09:45:52 EDT 2011

The Regional Library Systems (NEO-RLS, NORWELD, SERLS, and SWON
Libraries) and State Library of Ohio will offer an Adult Summer Reading
Program mini-workshop by web conference on Tuesday, January 31.  Mark
your calendars now!  Registration and details coming soon.   This is our
second year to offer a workshop specially for librarians planning summer
reading programs for adults.  This workshop will include content related
to the 2012 Collaborative Summer Library Program adult theme, "Between
the Covers", but will focus on putting together a great adult SRP
regardless of theme.

If you're planning your first adult SRP, or you're deciding whether to
start an adult SRP, or you have some experience but are looking for new
ideas, this workshop will be for you!

If you have been doing adult SRPs for years and/or have great
experiences or ideas to share, please join us as a presenter.

We are looking for librarians to speak on the following topics:
Programming, Promotion/PR, Fundraising/Incentives, Working with
Particular Populations (older adults, younger adults, family literacy
opportunities, adults with disabilities, English language learners - any
or all of the above!).  Or if we're missing something important, suggest
your own topic.  We would like to recruit 4-5 speakers to each make a
15-20 minute presentation.  Never presented online before?  What a great
opportunity to learn a new presentation skill!  We will walk you through
the process and provide access to rehearse ahead of time.

Please contact me at jdwyer at library.ohio.gov if you'd like to be
considered as a presenter for this event.  Thank you,

Janet

Janet Ingraham Dwyer
Library Consultant
State Library of Ohio
jdwyer at library.ohio.gov <mailto:jdwyer at library.ohio.gov>

614.644.6910
http://library.ohio.gov <http://library.ohio.gov/>

http://library.ohio.gov/youthservices
<http://library.ohio.gov/youthservices>

The State Library of Ohio provides services and resources to assist
state government and libraries in providing the best service to all.