[OPLINLIST] Calling all Teen/Young Adult Librarians

Sheena Striker sstriker at mljlibrary.org
Tue Nov 29 15:21:18 EST 2011

We have been looking at our numbers for adult programming and are not happy
with what we are seeing. It has become clear that our focus needs to be
more on teens and young adults. Therefore we are talking about starting a
youth advisory board and expanding our youth programs. I would like some
advice/information about how things are done at other libraries. How do you
go about finding teens for the board? Do you have a close working
relationship with local school districts? What are some of the
struggles/triumphs you have faces? Is there a specific type of program that
goes over the best? Any information or advice you can give me would be
greatly appreciated. Thanks so much! Sheena

--
Sheena Striker
Adult Programming Coordinator
sstriker at mljlibrary.org