[OPLINLIST] Patrick Fitzer promoted to Supervisor, Information Systems & Technology at the State Library of Ohio

Marsha McDevitt-Stredney marshams at library.ohio.gov
Tue Apr 3 14:21:19 EDT 2012

Please excuse multiple postings...

 The State Library of Ohio is pleased to announce the promotion of
Patrick Fitzer <mailto:pfitzer at library.ohio.gov>  to Supervisor,
Information Systems & Technology. Patrick joined the State Library in
July 2008 as a Systems Analyst in the Information Technology Department,
where he has been responsible for maintaining the technical
infrastructure supporting services that the State Library provides to
state employees and Ohio residents.  Patrick came to the State Library
from the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction where he
worked as a Network Administrator.

As Supervisor, Information Systems & Technology, Patrick will be
responsible for designing the infrastructure and supervising the State
Library information technology staff in support of the unique services
that the agency provides to our customers.  This includes the State
Library catalog, participation in the OhioLINK shared consortium, and
remote access to numerous electronic database resources.

"Patrick is highly motivated and is always focused on installing and
managing data systems in an efficient and scalable manner," said David
Namiotka, Associate State Librarian for Library Services.  "Over the
past nearly 4 years, he has demonstrated a strong technical ability to
support the varied collaborative services offered by the State Library.
I am looking forward to working with Patrick in his new role and meeting
the informational needs of our customers."

Patrick earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration:
Management Information Systems from the Shawnee State University and a
Master of Science degree in Information Systems from Marshall University
in Huntington, West Virginia.

Marsha McDevitt-Stredney

Marketing & Communications Director

274 E. 1st Avenue

Columbus, OH 43201

Tel: 614-644-6875

Fax: 614-466-3584

www.library.ohio.gov <http://www.library.ohio.gov/>

  <http://www.facebook.com/people/StateLibraryof-Ohio/100000063363765>

Share Your Story at
http://library.ohio.gov/state-librarian/share-your-story
<http://library.ohio.gov/state-librarian/share-your-story>
Tell us how a State Library service or resource helped you or your
library.