[OPLINLIST] Public Lockers

David Krajci dkrajci at starklibrary.org
Wed Apr 11 11:48:43 EDT 2012

OPLINListers,

I would like to make lockers available to our customers for the purpose of giving them a secure place where they may store their laptops and other items while they go to lunch, visit the restroom, or take some other short term excursion away from the public service area of our department.

So, I am interested in hearing from any public libraries that make lockers available to the public...what did you buy, where are they located in your library, what are your policies and guidelines, and what have you found to be the upside and downside of having public lockers.

If you respond to me off-list, I will be glad to repost a summary of the responses I receive.

Thank you!

David A. Krajci
Reference and Nonfiction Services Manager
Stark County District Library
715 Market Avenue North
Canton, Ohio 44702-1018
dkrajci at starklibrary.org
330.458.2757 Office
330.452.0403 Fax

This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information.  If you are not the intended recipient or authorized to receive this for the intended recipient, you must not use, copy, disclose or take action based on this message or any information herein.  If you received this message in error, please advise the sender immediately by sending a reply email and delete this message.  Thank you for your cooperation.  Opinions expressed in this message may not represent the opinions of the Stark County District Library.