[OPLINLIST] Kent State in Columbus Reunion

Susan Branch sbbranch at prodigy.net
Sat Apr 14 11:18:59 EDT 2012

Reunion for SLIS Columbus  Alumni, Classes of 1979-1982

SLIS  Columbus Reunion , Classes of 1979-1982
Saturday, May 5, 2012
Remember when …
v     You were among the first students to take classes at the new Columbus
location of Kent State   University ’s  School of Library  and Information
Science?
v     It was called the School   of Library Science ?
v     You took notes in class with a pen and paper?
v     A computer filled a whole room and didn’t fit in your pocket?
v     People came to libraries for books?

You are cordially invited to join fellow classmates from the SLIS  Columbus
classes of 1979-82 at a potluck picnic to reconnect and reminisce. While we are
focusing on these first few graduating classes, any graduates, instructors and
former students from the SLIS Columbus  site are welcome. (We would especially
like some of our library school teachers to attend.)

Please bring a potluck dish to share. Coffee, tea, soda and place settings will
be provided. We plan to tour the Orange Branch after lunch.

WHEN:                 Saturday, May 5, 2012, from Noon to 3 p.m.

WHERE:               The Village at North Falls Clubhouse, north of Columbus,
directly across from the new Orange Branch of the Delaware County Library (7171
Gooding Blvd., Delaware, OH 43015). *

RSVP:   Contact Susan Branch, M.L.S. ’79, at sbbranch at prodigy.net for more
information and/or to let us know you will attend so we can plan appropriately.

* Directions from Columbus :Take I-270 to Route 23 North.  Proceed north past
Orange Road and

turn left onto Corduroy Boulevard, then right on Gooding Boulevard to the North
Falls Clubhouse.

The Clubhouse is 2.5 miles north of a Meijer store and is across the road from
the new Delaware County

Orange Library, which is visible from Route 23 North.