[OPLINLIST] Advanced Study in Library Science - Wednesday Webinar, April 25, at NOON!

Cunningham, Flo fcunning at kent.edu
Wed Apr 25 11:34:38 EDT 2012

http://bit.ly/CASwebinar25April

Advance your career.
Learn new skills.
Or . take your career in a different direction.

These are all excellent reasons for pursuing a Certificate of Advanced Study from the School of Library and Information Science (SLIS) at Kent State University!

If you already have a master's degree in library and information science, we invite you to learn more about this Certificate at an interactive, online open house on Wednesday, April 25, at noon. You'll hear from the following presenters:

Yin Zhang, Ph.D., SLIS Professor
Rhonda Filipan, M.L.S., SLIS Academic Program Coordinator

And a current CAS student:

Virginia Dressler, M.A., M.L.I.S., Digital Library Programs Librarian, Kelvin Smith Library, Case Western Reserve University

Tune in here -- http://bit.ly/CASwebinar25April -- to find out how to apply, what the program involves, and how it can help you in your career. The School of Library and Information Science offers the Certificate of Advanced Study program for librarians already in the field to update and upgrade their professional skills. The programs are tailored to those who hold a master's degree in library and information science and are interested in expanding their professional skills.

If you do not already have Silverlight on your computer, you may need to download it in order to view the presentation. It's free at http://www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight/Get-Started/Install/Default.aspx/.

During the open house, you may submit questions by clicking on the "word bubble" icon at the bottom of your screen.

For more information about the Certificate of Advanced Study, visit http://www.kent.edu/slis/programs/certificates-of-advanced-study.cfm.

All the best,

Flo

<~><~>~<~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~>
Flo Cunningham
Marketing Communications and Public Relations Director
Kent State University
330-672-0003
fcunning at kent.edu

www.kent.edu/slis
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ksuslis
Twitter: @KentStateSLIS

SAVE THE DATE:
2nd Annual Conference on Information and Religion, May 18 & 19, 2012

I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library. -- Jorge Luis Borges