[OPLINLIST] Generational Book

welchly at oplin.org welchly at oplin.org
Thu Aug 9 16:27:26 EDT 2012

Hi Cindy,

Fiction-L had a discussion about this technique a while back.
One of the suggested terms was "parallel plot lines" - here's
a link to a webpage describing it http://jonsay.com/?p=587

Another term was "flashbacks" such as those employed in
Suzanne Brockmann's THE UNSUNG HERO, where there is
one story line set in World War II featuring the current-day
protagonist's father and uncle.

Hope this helps ~

Lynne

Lynne Welch - Herrick Memorial Library
101 Willard Mem. Sq. - Wellington, Ohio 44090 USA
tel 440-647-2120 email welchly at oplin.org