[OPLINLIST] Librarian seeking pictures of library cards

Ashlee Clark aclark at library.ohio.gov
Fri Aug 31 14:15:31 EDT 2012

A librarian in Colorado is seeking pictures of library cards from across
the country for her library card promotion.  Please see message below
for more details.

Thank you,

Ashlee Clark

Executive Secretary to the State Librarian

State Library of Ohio

274 East 1st Avenue, Suite 100

Columbus, OH 43201

Tel: 614-644-6847

www.library.ohio.gov <http://www.library.ohio.gov>

________________________________

Subject: library card sign up promotion - can you help?

Hello,
My name is Josie and I am a Librarian at the Longmont Public Library in
Longmont Colorado.  In order to promote the value of library cards
during Library Card Sign Up Month in September, I would like to get as
many pictures of library cards from across the country as possible to
create a collage.  I researched your state library page to ask if you
would post this email on an appropriate listserv.  I have emailed many
libraries, and received great response, but I still want to reach more
and a listserv is the best way I can think to do it.  I am requesting a
color scan or photo of the front of the card sent to my email -
josie.brockmann at ci.longmont.co.us
<mailto:josie.brockmann at ci.longmont.co.us>
Any barcode image will be obscured.  I plan to share the collage on our
Facebook page as well as in the building at various public desks.

If you would like a copy of the collage to use at your library, please
let me know.

As I am sure you agree, a library card is such a powerful tool for
knowledge and the public good - I think it should be celebrated!

Thank you so much for your help!

Josie Brockmann
Longmont Public Library
303-651-8791