[OPLINLIST] Home Bound Service

Susan Pieper susanhillpieper at gmail.com
Sat Dec 29 20:48:43 EST 2012

Happy New Year, all:
We are consider starting a Home-Bound service for Paulding County. I am not
asking specifics about how you operate your service, but I am curious to
know how much time is taken with senior home-bound patrons. Especially if
this is the only human interaction these patrons receive.

As with Bookmobile staff, I suspect that Outreach staff do a lot more then
merely connect patrons with materials. We are all closet social workers and
that human interaction is sometimes more important then the "book" or
materials part. I would especially like to hear anecdotal stories from
Outreach staff who visit with the homebound. How much time do you allot to
each patron?

Thank you in advance,
Best to you in 2013.
Susan