[OPLINLIST] Almost Outta Time to register for Outta Space

Marsha McDevitt-Stredney marshams at library.ohio.gov
Tue May 1 16:03:16 EDT 2012

Please excuse multiple postings...

Outta Space:  Best Practices in Storage and Space Planning

There is still time to register

inadequate storage space for cultural heritage collections as the Number
One preservation problem statewide. This day long workshop will provide
ideas and best practices on how to address space issues at your
institution. Professionals from the library, museum, archives, and
historical society and conservation communities will discuss how they
evaluated space concerns at their institutions and the space planning
methodologies and practices they have adopted. Featured speakers include
Wes Boomgaarden, Associate Professor and Preservation Officer for The
Ohio State University Libraries, who will provide the keynote, and
national expert on facilities design for special collections Christian
Dupont, providing practical advice on space and workflow.

The Cincinnati session held in May produced positive comments such as:
"I will present the information to colleagues and leaders and work
towards these implementing storage practices at my institutions."  "I
feel more confident in my decisions."  "I will remember the mantra,
'space constraints cannot be the decision driver in the long term.'"
Come to learn and to share.

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Akron-Summit County Public Library

9:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

In conjunction with the Ohio Preservation Council spring meeting

Registration closes May 8, 2012

Registration for the conference is free. There is a fee for parking and
an optional box lunch.

For more information, registration, and to view a preliminary agenda, go
to: http://www.ohiomuseums.org/workshops.html

Conference Sponsors:  State Library of Ohio, Ohio Museums Association,
Ohio Historical Society, Ohio Local History Alliance, Ohio Preservation
Council

Conference made possible by federal Institute of Museum and Library
Services funds, awarded by the State Library of Ohio.

Marsha McDevitt-Stredney

Marketing & Communications Director

274 E. 1st Avenue

Columbus, OH 43201

Tel: 614-644-6875

Fax: 614-466-3584

www.library.ohio.gov <http://www.library.ohio.gov/>

 <http://www.facebook.com/people/StateLibraryof-Ohio/100000063363765>

Share Your Story at
http://library.ohio.gov/state-librarian/share-your-story
<http://library.ohio.gov/state-librarian/share-your-story>
Tell us how a State Library service or resource helped you or your
library.