[OPLINLIST] SWON Libraries Upcoming Events for April and May

SWON Info info at swonlibraries.org
Wed May 2 15:03:37 EDT 2012

Our Membership Meeting isn't for contributing members only. All library staff in our region (southwest Ohio and northern Kentucky) can enjoy a great lunch, a great speaker in Sue Polanka (author of No Shelf Required ), and time to network and even attend a special interest group meeting if you come early (Schools and Academics are meeting at 10 a.m.). Our official membership meeting is the last item on the agenda (before you go shopping at Jungle Jim's of course). So whether you're a SWON contributing member or new to SWON, you'll find helpful information and a good time if you join us on May 9th. Registration closes Friday May 4th at 9pm.

May Events:

Organizing on the Fly - 7 Tips in 15 Minutes Part 1 of 4
5/1/2012
On line

Good to Great Webinar Series Part 2
5/2/2012
On line

The Ethnic Librarians & Staff (ELS) Meeting
5/4/2012
North College Hill Branch

Art Book Sale
5/4/2012--5/6/2012
Cincinnati Art Museum

ROYAL: Reviewers of Young Adult Literature
5/8/2012
In-Person -- SWON Libraries Seminar Room

Organizing on the Fly - 7 Tips in 15 Minutes Part 2
5/8/2012
On line

ROYAL: Reviewers of Young Adult Literature
5/8/2012
In-Person -- SWON Libraries Seminar Room

Beginning Reader/Lexile Training
5/9/2012
Boone County Public Library- Main

Spring Membership Meeting (Open to all. Come join the fun!)
5/9/2012
Oscar Event Center - Fairfield

Good to Great Webinar Series Part 3
5/9/2012
On line

Academic Libraries 2012
5/9/2012 -- 5/11/2012
Sheraton - Ann Arbor, MI
Technology Tools for Your College Backpack 	5/10/2012 	On line
Publisher 	5/14/2012 	In-Person -- Boone County Public Library Main
Outta Space: Best Practices in Storage and Space Planning 	5/15/2012 	In-Person -- Akron Summit County Public Library
SWONtech News 	5/15/2012 	On line
Organizing on the Fly - 7 Tips in 15 Minutes - x4! A 4-Part Series, Part 3 	5/15/2012 	On line
Lipstick Lessons: The NEW Rules of the Women's Success Game Part 2 	5/16/2012 	On line
Libraries and the Era of the Learner: A Vision for the Future 	5/16/2012 	On line
Linkedln Workshop: Refresh Your Online Professional Presence 	5/17/2012 	In-Person -- University of Cincinnati
AA Highway Library Workshop 	5/18/2012 	In-Person -- Boone Campus of Gateway Community & Technical College

Save the Date:

Picture Book Read In 17th Annual -- August 14, 2012

Support Staff Symposium Fall --October 17, 2012

Check out our events calendar to view even more of our events! Don’t forget to register and secure your spot as some events have limited seating and do sell out.