[OPLINLIST] Conversion of microfilm

John K. Chidester jchidest at knox.net
Mon May 7 16:05:01 EDT 2012

I suggest you get in touch with Jillian Carney at the Ohio Historical
Society (jcarney at ohiohistory.org).  She is manager of digital services and
in charge of OHS's participation in the National Digital Newspaper Program
(NDNP).  Expect a cost of about $2,000 a roll plus associated startup and
subscription fees.  For this you get state-of-the-art standards in copying,
processing and digitally encoding the images so they become searchable.  The
folks at OHS are tops in this field.

John Chidester
Public Library of Mount Vernon and Knox County