[OPLINLIST] Outdoor Movie Night -- Footloose & Optoma projector

Lynn Pauley pauleyly at oplin.org
Sat May 26 12:19:20 EDT 2012

Hi all,

We are going to be offering an outdoor movie night in August. The film we will be featuring is Footloose (1984 version). Anyone have any ideas for activities to go along with the movie? We had thought about a dance contest, a dress-in-the-80's contest, maybe a name that tune for 80's TV shows.

Also, we are borrowing a sound system (don't want to invest in one until we see our attendance for a few movies) and will be using sewn sheets for the screen. However, our projector is dying so we are looking into purchasing one. We know we will have to purchase a better one than the one we have in order to use it outdoors. We are looking at the Optoma Technology TH1060P HD DLP Projector as a possibility. Anyone have any experience with this projector? Or recommendations for another make and model?

Thanks for any and all help

Lynn Pauley
Reference Associate / Adult Programming Associate
Dr. Samuel L. Bossard Memorial Library
7 Spruce Street
Gallipolis, OH 45631
(740)446-7323