[OPLINLIST] Wide format printers

Ty Henderson thenderson at oplin.org
Mon Nov 19 16:55:43 EST 2012

Good afternoon!

We are entertaining the idea of either purchasing or leasing a wide format printer in order to create our own posters, banners, signage, etc.  If anyone has any experience with one of these printers, would you mind offering input on the following?

Is there a preferable style that might be better as far as ink usage/cost is concerned?
What are you doing regarding maintenance or service agreements?
Does the printer get used as frequently as originally thought?
Is there any particular software you'd recommend?
Do you offer to make signage for patrons?
Are there any other pitfalls we should be aware of?

I'll compile the results for the list.

Thanks!

Ty Henderson, Director
Champaign County Library