[OPLINLIST] Microfilm prints vs digitizing

Bob Neeper neeperro at oplin.org
Thu Oct 25 12:06:41 EDT 2012

We bought a Minolta SL1000 reader.
http://kmbs.konicaminolta.us/wps/portal/web/home/products/office-systems/scanners/sl1000-microfiche
Don't have it's cost right now.

It requires a high end PC which we bought locally (about $1,350) following their
provided specs.
The reader s/w can use touch screen but we opted for a regular one.
Volunteers also use the PC for transcribing various documents such as wills and
for other purposes.

We connected our old state provided Dell printer but could have used a network
printer.

The old machine is still used for viewing only, as it is faster to scan pages.

Future plans are to digitize the rolls ourselves and put on our memory website.

I can provide our local distributor's name & number if you want.
He did a onsite demo for us and training later.

You are welcome to visit us and try.    (Visits come with a library and
Evergreen ILS tour)

Email Signature

R. W. (Bob) Neeper
Community Library  <http://sunbury.cool-cat.org>