[OPLINLIST] Upcoming OHIONET Webinars--Learn about LibGuides on 10/2 and 10/16

Shelly Miller shellym at ohionet.org
Wed Sep 19 14:32:41 EDT 2012

*Please excuse cross-postings!*

LibGuides is a powerful platform used to create dynamic and interactive
pathfinders for your patrons.  Are you a current or potential subscriber to
the service?  Do you want to know more about how to get the most from your
investment, but can't make it to OHIONET for one of our hands-on sessions?
Never fear, we are bringing our LibGuides expertise into a webinar format.
No matter whether you've just started using LibGuides or whether you're a
seasoned veteran of this platform, we have a webinar for you.  Check out
your options below.

*#1*:  *Get Going with LibGuides: Using the Interface and Creating Content*--
*REGISTER HERE* <http://ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=127&reset=1>!
Join OHIONET for this 90-minute session to really get going with your
subscription and to set yourself up for success.  Our webinar leader,
Michael Wright Johnson, will share his insights as an extensive user of
this service, walk you through the steps in creating a new guide, and
outline best practices you can use to create and maintain your guides that
will save your staff time and make resources easily available to your users.

*When*:  Tuesday, Oct. 2, 3:30 PM to 5:00 PM
*Where*:  Live, ONLINE

*#2*:  *Harness the Power of LibGuides: Analyzing and Extending Your Impact*--
*REGISTER HERE* <http://ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=128&reset=1>!

Are you a current LibGuides subscriber?  Are you getting the most from your
investment in this service?  This 90-minute webinar will help you increase
the reach and usefulness of the material you’ve created, as well as keep
your guides up-to-date and engaging.  In this session, we will cover the
built-in statistics module, including both where to find and how to
understand the tracking and usage data.  In addition, we will outline the
options for and steps needed to pull the power of other Web 2.0 apps
(YouTube, SlideShare, Facebook) into your guides.

**Please note:*  this course is recommended for people who have either
watched the previous course or have a working knowledge of XHTML and CSS.
*When*:  Tuesday, Oct. 16, 3:30 PM to 5:00 PM
*Where*:  Live, ONLINE

*Each of these sessions will be taught in a live, webinar format.  An email
with personalized login instructions will be sent to you at least 1
business day prior to the event.*

*Remember*:  All OHIONET CE opportunities are FREE to employees of premium
member libraries.
--
*Please stop by and say hello at the ALAO
Conference<http://www.alaoweb.org/conferences/conf2012> on

Shelly S. Miller
Continuing Education Coordinator
OHIONET