[OPLINLIST] Tape Drive Available

Bob Neeper neeperro at oplin.org
Tue Apr 9 14:23:54 EDT 2013

This year we changed our backup solution from tape to hard drive.
We ran parallel tape and hard drive backups in January until Jan 21.

We no longer have use for our tape drive and offer it to the library community.

A reasonable donation to the library would be appreciated and given more
consideration.
A demonstrated need will also be considered if a donation can't be offered..

The tape drive works, recently used to long format our backup tapes

It was used 6 days a week in various PC's doing backups.
The last year in a vintage Dell Poweredge 2500 running  Windows XP with
   Symantec Backup Exec 2010 (older version used previously)

Items and specs:

Tandberg Data - 420LTO Ext. - LTO2 200/400GB SCSI External 5.25 Tape Drive
    Ref: http://www.pacificdatastorage.com/420ltoext.asp

Includes
   Power Cord,  SCSI Cable, SCSI Terminator
   Adaptec AHA-2940U2W  ULTRA2-LVD/SE   SCSI Card
         Ref: http://www.adaptec.com/en-us/support/scsi/ultra2/aha-2940u2w/
  25 tapes Used  and  1 cleaning cartridge Used

Original cost was over $2,400.00
   Drive $1510.94,   First  10 Tapes $473.70,  Second 14 Tapes $431.90
--
Email Signature

R. W. (Bob) Neeper
Community Library  <http://sunbury.cool-cat.org>