[OPLINLIST] Hold the Date - April 24 - Take Five: A Youth Services Day of Dialogue

Janet Ingraham Dwyer jdwyer at library.ohio.gov
Fri Feb 1 09:14:23 EST 2013

Cross-posted to Library Youth Services, SmLibs, and OPLINlist.  Please
excuse duplication.

Mark your calendars!  Registration opens February 27.

Take Five 2013: An Ohio Youth Services Day of Dialogue
<http://library.ohio.gov/youth-services/take5>

Wednesday, April 24, 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.

at the Allen County Museum and the Lima Public Library

FREE registration!

Take Five! is a day of dialogue and discovery for museum and arts
educators, school librarians, public librarians and library workers
specializing in teen and youth services, afterschool and recreation
leaders, and other youth advocates.

The second annual Take Five event is all about creative approaches, new
ideas, collaboration, and network-building to inspire you and help you
recharge.

It will bring together professionals from formal and informal
educational settings - museums, libraries, schools, arts organizations -
who have similar concerns and serve the same universe of young people,
but who rarely have the opportunity to meet and dialogue across
institutional types.

It will mash up traditional conference presentations with informal
conversation, idea-sharing, and serendipity.

Don't miss it!  Space will be limited.  Registration opens February 27
at

http://library.ohio.gov/youth-services/take5

Attendees at the debut Take Five event in May 2012 had this to say:

"The speakers were fantastic... the small discussion topics were all so
pertinent that we had a hard time deciding... You could just feel the
brain power, excitement, and enthusiasm at the end of the day."

"I am pretty sure everyone else went away feeling that it was timely and
important also."

"The overlap between the institutions needing to reinvent was
revelatory. I don't use that word lightly."

Learn more at http://library.ohio.gov/youth-services/take5

Like Take Five on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Take5YouthServices

Janet Ingraham Dwyer
Library Consultant
State Library of Ohio
jdwyer at library.ohio.gov <mailto:jdwyer at library.ohio.gov>

614.644.6910
http://library.ohio.gov <http://library.ohio.gov/>

http://library.ohio.gov/youthservices
<http://library.ohio.gov/youthservices>

The State Library of Ohio provides services and resources to assist
state government and libraries in providing the best service to all.