[OPLINLIST] LibGuides Bootcamp---It's baaaa-aaack...(6/7/13 at OHIONET)

Shelly Miller shellym at ohionet.org
Thu May 9 16:14:37 EDT 2013

*Please excuse any cross-postings*.

We're all trying to make sure we're getting the most out of our
investments--especially when it comes to technology and software.
LibGuides is a subscription-based knowledge and content sharing service
specifically designed for use by various types of libraries.  If you're a
subscriber, here's my question:  are you getting the most out of your LibGuides
investment?  Could you use some guided practice time setting up new
guidesor revising existing ones?
Good news!  OHIONET is ready to help by hosting a day-long, hands-on *
LibGuides Bootcamp*<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=154&reset=1>
.

*WHEN*:  Friday, June 7th, 10 AM to 3:30 PM

*WHERE*:  OHIONET, 1500 W. Lane Ave., Columbus, OH  43221

Join us to experience first-hand the basic steps in creating a guide, to
gather insights on best practices, and to learn the tips and tricks to make
LibGuides creation as easy as pie.  Lead by Michael Johnson, Circulation
Librarian at Shawnee State's Clark Memorial Library, this hands-on day will
be a great how-to guide for Reference and User Services librarians
(especially those new to staff), anyone finding him/herself tasked with
LibGuides creation at their institution or anyone with access to the
service who is interested in learning more more about effective and
efficient use of LibGuides.

*Please note*: due to the highly hands-on nature of this workshop, *an
active LibGuides subscription is required for this workshop*.  Participants
will be logging in to THEIR LibGuides site to build a guide in real time
along with the instructor.  Also, in order to help us meet the high demand
we've had for training on this topic, we are expanding our normal class
size.  But, there's a catch (isn't there always?).  To do that, we're
moving the session out of the computer lab and into our general purpose
training room and *asking registrants to please supply their own
laptops*for this event.

Click *here* <http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=154&reset=1> for
more information and registration options.

Shelly S. Miller
Continuing Education Coordinator
OHIONET
 1500 West Lane Avenue