[OPLINLIST] statewide delivery

Namiotka, David dnamiotka at library.ohio.gov
Wed May 29 15:31:19 EDT 2013

Hello statewide delivery customers,

There have been a number of messages on the oplinlist regarding problems with statewide delivery and the current vendor, Priority Dispatch. Some of these problems resulted from new routes that the vendor deployed on April 1, 2013 in an attempt to handle the large volume of material moving through the Cleveland hub.  Missed deliveries, damaged materials, and missing communication from the delivery drivers are some of the issues that have been reported and the State Library is working with the vendor to resolve each specific problem.

We will be taking the messages that we received today and discussing them with the vendor. We certainly understand that some problems have been on-going and there needs to be a final resolution to these issues.

With the hope of providing some clarification in response to the earlier messages on the oplinlist:

1. As of today, May 29, 2013, no contract has been signed.  The Ohio Department of Administrative Services (DAS), working with the State Library and OhioLINK, is still in the process of negotiating a contract extension for delivery.

2. It is critical that libraries report problems via the Customer Service Form. Priority Dispatch is required to provide compensation for missed stops and damaged items. One way to get the company to correct a delivery problem is to make them pay, as required. If you have submitted a Customer Service Form for a damaged item and have not been compensated, please let us know and we will follow up.  The State Library makes use of credits for missed stops to cover fluctuations in fuel and to purchase bags and shipping supplies for the benefit of the system. However, libraries can get credits on future invoices for missed stops that are reported via the Service Form. Please include information about requesting a credit when submitting a Customer Service Form.

3. It is true that we believe that statewide delivery provides an important service and is a great value for Ohio's library patrons. Millions of items are shipped and insured for less than the cost of a first class stamp. However, the cost does not justify poor service and missed deliveries.  I apologize to all of those locations that continue to experience these on-going problems. We will reach out to each location directly who sent a message on the list and continue working to resolve each problem.

I would be happy to answer any questions that anyone might have, however, the Customer Service Form is the most efficient method since copies of this form are automatically forwarded to Steve Updegraff, the Statewide Delivery Project Manager, to me, and to multiple individuals at Priority Dispatch.

Steve's contact information is available on the website, but I have included it here.
Steve Updegraff, Statewide Delivery Project Manager
Phone: 614.728.9573
Email: supdegra at library.ohio.gov<mailto:supdegra at library.ohio.gov>
http://library.ohio.gov/Facilities/Delivery/Contact

State Library Delivery web page - http://library.ohio.gov/Facilities/Delivery
Statewide Delivery Customer Service Form - http://library.ohio.gov/Facilities/Delivery/CustomerServiceForm

Thank you for your continued patience and understanding as we work to resolve the problems. My contact information is included in this message if you would like to reach me directly.

Thank you.

David

[cid:image001.png at 01CE5C81.90236B60]
David Namiotka
Associate State Librarian for Library Services
State Library of Ohio
274 E. 1st Avenue
Columbus, OH 43201
Tel: 614-728-4988
library.ohio.gov<http://library.ohio.gov/>
[cid:image002.png at 01CE5C81.90236B60]<https://www.facebook.com/StateLibraryOhio>  [Description: Twitter logo - links to the State Library of Ohio's Twitter page] <http://twitter.com/statelibohio>   [Description: Blog logo - Links to the State Library of Ohio's blog] <http://library.ohio.gov/blog/>   [cid:image005.png at 01CE5C81.90236B60] <http://pinterest.com/stlibohio/>
Share Your Story<http://library.ohio.gov/state-librarian/share-your-story> by telling us how a
State Library service or resource helped
you or your library.