[OPLINLIST] Messaging, Marketing, Promotion--Oh My! Helping Small Libraries Build LibraryAware Communities: An OHIONET Learning Opportunity

Shelly Miller shellym at ohionet.org
Mon Sep 23 11:05:35 EDT 2013

*Please excuse any cross-postings.*

Does thinking about marketing or promotion make you break out in a cold
sweat?  Have the PR responsibilities of your library found their way onto
your list of “other duties as assigned?” I have good news--marketing
doesn’t have to be maddening, even for smaller libraries (those serving
populations less than 30,000) who may not have staff solely dedicated to
communications and/or marketing efforts.  Join your fellow OHIONET members
to hear from Nancy Dowd, co-author or the popular blog “The ‘M’ Word -
Marketing Libraries” and former director of marketing for the New Jersey
State Library, as she shows you how easy it is to create powerful,
consistent promotional materials and how to best deliver them.

OHIONET is pleased to announce TWO opportunities for you to attend in
real-time and pose your marketing questions to Nancy.  Please note, these
two FREE sessions will present the SAME material and will highlight the
tools and features available through Novelists’ LibraryAware online service.

What:  Messaging, Marketing, Promotion--Oh My!  Helping Small Libraries
Build LibraryAware Communities.

When: Tuesday, Oct.
1st<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=165>from
10:30 AM to 11:30 AM
OR Monday, Oct.
7th<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=166>from 3:00
PM to 4:00 PM

Where:  Live, ONLINE (via WebEx)

Who Should Attend:  Employees of small libraries (those serving a
population of less than 30,000), especially those who do not have dedicated
marketing or PR staff, or anyone with interest in the topic.

For more information and registration, please click on the links below:

To attend the *Tuesday, Oct. 1st* session, CLICK
HERE<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=165>
.

To attend the *Monday, Oct. 7th* session, CLICK
HERE<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=166>
.

If you have questions or suggestions about these or any of OHIONET's other
CE offerings, please contact...
Shelly S. Miller
Continuing Education Coordinator
OHIONET