[OPLINLIST] security software for domain controller?

Chad Neeper cneeper at level9networks.com
Wed Sep 25 17:07:22 EDT 2013

On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 4:32 PM, Cass Owens <owenscass at oplin.org> wrote:

> We've been experiencing significant issues with our security software
> (Symantec) corrupting the domain controller files.

I use Symantec Endpoint Protection (from Techsoup) on the computers/servers
I support. I've not run into any problems on the domain controllers (or the
workstations, for that matter). Out of curiosity, what files are getting
corrupted...user files as they are saved to the server by the workstations
or Windows system files that are getting corrupted directly on the server
itself? Perhaps do you need to update the version of Symantec you're using?

*Chad Neeper*
Senior Systems Engineer

*Level 9 Networks*
740-548-8070 (voice)
866-214-6607 (fax)

*Full LAN/WAN consulting services -- Specialized in libraries and schools*