[OPLINLIST] New North Adams Library Building Dedication

Jessica D. Dooley dooleyje at oplin.org
Fri Sep 27 16:50:21 EDT 2013

The Adams County Public Library is pleased to announce that we will dedicate
a new building for the North Adams Public Library at 2469 Moores Road in
Seaman, Ohio, on Sunday, September 29, at 2:30 pm. Ground was broken for the
new building in September 2012, and library director Harold Showalter, the
library board, staff, and Friends of the North Adams Library are excited to
celebrate this completed project with the community. Everyone is invited to
join us!

The new library building is 5,000 square feet, and replaces the 500 square
foot room in the community building where the North Adams Library has been
located since 1992. The new library houses 20,000 books, movies, and audio
books, and offers public computers and laptops, free wireless Internet, a
children's Early Literacy computer, a dedicated teen area, a Book Scan
Document center, and much more. Patrons can visit a drive-through window to
quickly pick up hold items or return items. The library is located next to
the North Adams High School and elementary school on Moores Road in Seaman.

For a photo album of the library building project, and to see pictures of
the finished interior, visit our Flickr album at
http://bit.ly/NorthAdamsLibrary, or the Adams County Public Library's
Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/AdamsCountyPublicLibrary.

Jessica D. Dooley

Adams County Public Library