[OPLINLIST] State Library of Ohio selected as one of the Columbus CEO Magazine and 10TV Top Workplaces

McDevitt-Stredney, Marsha marshams at library.ohio.gov
Mon Apr 14 11:23:45 EDT 2014

Please excuse multiple postings...

The State Library of Ohio is pleased to announce that it has been selected as one of the Columbus CEO Magazine and 10TV Top Workplaces.
[TWP_Columbus_2014_AW]
The Top Workplaces are determined based solely on employee feedback. The employee survey is conducted by WorkplaceDynamics, LLP, a leading research firm on organizational health and employee engagement. WorkplaceDynamics conducts regional Top Workplaces programs with 40 major publishing partners across the United States.  Over the past year, more than 5,000 organizations and 1 in every 88 employees in the U.S. have turned to WorkplaceDynamics to better understand what's on the minds of their employees. Through its workplace improvement offerings, WorkplaceDynamics  provides solutions, training and tools to help clients improve their workplace.

Survey responses from the State Library of Ohio<file:///C:\Users\marshams\Documents\TopWorkplaces\library.ohio.gov> show that a majority of staff believe the agency is going in the right direction, operates by strong values and ethics, and have confidence in its leadership. A majority also reported they were well-informed about important decisions concerning the State Library and that their jobs make them feel like they are part of something meaningful.  One employee summed it up by stating, "I love my job because: I feel valued and appreciated. I love the people I work with and the work that I do. I can't imagine working anywhere else."

"I am extremely proud that the State Library of Ohio has been selected as a Top Work Place for 2014 by Columbus CEO and WBNS 10TV," expressed State Librarian Beverly Cain.  "We have a highly engaged team of people working at the State Library who are committed to helping Ohio's libraries succeed and providing resources to help State government employees excel at their jobs.  That commitment is a big part of our culture and success."

Columbus CEO Magazine<http://www.columbusceo.com/content/sections/current-issue/index.html> published the complete list of Top Workplaces in their May issue. For more information about the Top Workplaces lists and WorkplaceDynamics, please visit http://www.topworkplaces.com and www.workplacedynamics.com<http://www.workplacedynamics.com>.

Established in 1817, the State Library was one of Ohio's first state agencies to be created. Governor Thomas Worthington established the agency to serve the information and research needs of state government.  As Ohio grew, so did the responsibilities of the library, including the development of library services throughout Ohio. The Ohio Revised Code outlines that the State Library encourage and assist the efforts of libraries and local governments to develop mutual and cooperative solutions to library service problems.  The State Library is in the unique position to cooperate with other states' library agencies, national library organizations, library networks and organizations within Ohio, state agencies, and other types of libraries and organizations to develop library services and bring forth possible solutions and improvements.

The vision of the State Library is a Smarter Ohio where every Ohioan can access the necessary resources to be engaged citizens, excel at their jobs, participate in the workforce, and pursue their passions and interests.  The State Library is committed to leading innovation and development efforts for libraries to ensure ongoing relevance to communities across Ohio.
####

https://library.ohio.gov/Marketing/PR/2014/April#TopWorkplace

[cid:image013.jpg at 01CF57D3.56F386B0]
Marsha McDevitt-Stredney
Director, Marketing & Communications
274 E. 1st Avenue
Columbus, OH 43201
Tel: 614-644-6875
Fax: 614-466-3584
library.ohio.gov<http://library.ohio.gov>
[cid:image014.png at 01CF57D3.56F386B0]<https://www.facebook.com/StateLibraryOhio>  [Description: Twitter logo - links to the State Library of Ohio's Twitter page] <http://twitter.com/statelibohio>   [Description: Blog logo - Links to the State Library of Ohio's blog] <http://library.ohio.gov/blog/>   [cid:image016.png at 01CF57D3.56F386B0] <http://pinterest.com/stlibohio/>
Share Your Story<http://library.ohio.gov/state-librarian/share-your-story> by telling us how a
State Library service or resource helped
you or your library.