[OPLINLIST] AmeriCorps Member Positions open

Knapp, Mandy aknapp at library.ohio.gov
Wed Apr 23 08:22:50 EDT 2014

Please share with anyone you think would be a good fit for this program

Guiding Ohio Online is a new AmeriCorps program looking for flexible, caring individuals committed to community service to deliver digital literacy training through computer classes, one-on-one computer assistance, outreach, and volunteer recruitment in rural Ohio libraries. There are both part time and full time positions available throughout Ohio. To learn more, watch our introductory video<http://youtu.be/-_wgkO67Uhk> and visit our website at GuidingOhioOnline.org.<http://guidingohioonline.org/>

Here's how to apply:
1. Consider, can I commit to 11 months of service? Does this program match my career goals?
2. See which libraries are participating. <http://guidingohioonline.org/about/libraries>  If none are near me, am I prepared to move or travel?
3. Fill out an application on my.americorps.gov<https://my.americorps.gov/mp/login.do>. The part time and full time member slots for Guiding Ohio Online are listed separately. Make sure you apply to the correct one.
4.  Next you'll receive a supplemental application. Return this to Mandy Knapp (aknapp at library.ohio.gov<mailto:aknapp at library.ohio.gov>) by Friday June 6th for first consideration.

As a librarian and a former AmeriCorps member, I can tell you that the AmeriCorps experience is an invaluable one that will teach you about yourself while gaining hands-on job skills.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions.

Best,

Mandy Knapp
Library Consultant
274 E. 1st Avenue
Columbus, OH 43201
Tel: 614-466-1710
Toll Free:800-686-1532 (Ohio Only)
Fax: 614-466-3584
library.ohio.gov<http://library.ohio.gov>
Share Your Story<http://library.ohio.gov/state-librarian/share-your-story> by telling us how a
State Library service or resource helped
you or your library.